our move, part one.


    PART ONE OF OUR MOVE TO AUSTRALIA | THE PACKING + PREPARING PROCESS


recorded on September 21, 2013 -
we're so busy packing.  the house is stuffed with cracked cardboard boxes and worn suitcases, piled and pushed into the side of the living room near where the yellow light spills from the small lamp.  true is talking with daddy.  her lip pushes into a moon shape, a happy crescent, and she smiles.  skyping with uncle gerry and aunt stephanie is on the agenda and the big white looming screen encapsulates my vision and soon i'll see stephanie's round jubilant face, her hands perched under her chin, smiling and questioning us 'what route will you take' and 'be safe' and we will laugh under our breaths and release casual words echoing 'it will be all right.' and 'it will be good'.  i anticipate our move, but still, somehow within the corners of my heart nostalgia and a yearning for 'home' lurks. nonetheless, let it begin. 

love, acacia

PS  moving hasn't exactly given me the time to blog post, so i've missed blogging so, incredibly much but i'm happy to be back again.

8 comments

  1. i hope you have fun moving! i've always hated it though, so much packing haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just moved out too, and not quite done yet with all those packing, unpacking and settling things. i hope your move goes well. here's to adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes packing does take a long time, and is tiring but all worth it in the end! I hope settle in Australia well! I'm sure you will like it, I love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you learn to love my country, just as I have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, the flurried rush of packing is a bit overwhelming, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad. :) Praying for your safe arrival and that you will feel at home in our country. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I've already arrived! I'm just re-counting my steps. :))

      Delete
  6. I hope you are settling in well, Acacia! Moving can be so hard... chin up, buttercup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about a great adventure! They say the world turns a bit differently in Australia. Doesn't matter, long as you've got your stuff as well as yourselves intact. And that the movers do their job right. :)

    Clay @ World Packaging Co.

    ReplyDelete