a collection of photographs from lately.
2. Sit and soak; lap and listen. The air is milky and soft; the sun is clouded. We wonder if the softness will last, the lapping, licking, slapping, kissing of the waves to the shore will rush into eternity, into entirety, or vaporise and fall away. The sun glows. She aches to be appreciated, to be basked in. We pull her into our faces, tearing off layers of clothing to sit in her splendour. Exist slowly, live softly, dream intentionally.
3. Things which are always a good idea: Dancing; a warm autumn evening, candles, a big cup of tea, a journal and pen and an outpouring of thoughts and dreams; trips to the ocean; laughing till it hurts (with friends, by yourself, or at yourself); reading the Bible; home-made pizza and a favourite smoothie; buying plants and gardening; running, biking, swimming; deep conversations; travelling; worshipping! praising! praying!
5. The eradication of self, the release, the falling, the dripping, the dropping, the undoing - all for a higher purpose. Contemplating what it means to empty in order to fill, to lose in order to find, to fall in order to rise. The world leaks with paradoxes and perhaps this is the most grand and mysterious of them all: That in order to find ourselves we must first lose ourselves. Brokenness and emptiness yields abundant blessings and goodness if only we seek God above all else.
6. My heart is constantly tethered between 'I need more routine and stability in my life' and 'I crave endless messy and honest conversations, getting lost in the middle of nowhere, falling deeply in love and travelling the world and living each day wildly, honestly and intentionally'. Forever caught between a strong mind and a fragile heart (unknown)
7. And so the endless process; dream, breathe, do, repeat.
Stay curious. Stay strong. Seek Your creator. Live honestly, intentionally and with zest.