when summer leaves

time flies like the wind
fruit flies like bananas
 
-- inspired by julia



 

 I pondered over the fact school's only around the corner today.  It seems so hard to believe. 
Can this last summer month please be embraced and cherished and every moment held on to, please?   

Some small and precious moments from this summer include:
Pancakes piled high.  Painses stood straight.  Ocean's water lapped over the shores.  Hair buns tied tight.  Swans fed by small hands. 












I'm so glad I captured that moment.  That spark of yellow amidst the harsh frost-bitten branches is so beautiful.  If you're wondering -- yes, that's an old picture.  :) 
... I dreamt of winter recently.  Of those cold, bitter months that we somtimes long for when 90 degree weather is present all day.   Did you long for a cold day recently?  -- Do tell! 



12 comments

  1. Anonymous2.8.11

    Lovely pictures. I can't wait till winter! It's almost 100 down here everyday! And it seems like it was just yesterday that I was sitting in a classroom waiting for summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! You have a great skill for capturing simple beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, school is around the corner... how exciting! I think I tell you this every time I comment, "I LOVE YOU PICTURES!!!" They are all so lovely!

    Kianna Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos!! When do you start school? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cuttttttttte! i love your photos...

    i also love:

    1. your name! i have a friend name acacia.

    2. that you use a point & shoot to capture your absolutely photos! i do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Acacia, I just found your blog and i must confess that I'm in love with it! I love your design and your photos are gorgeous! I'm for sure going to follow!

    xoxo
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I should make my cinnamon pancakes sometime soon.

    I'm a follower!

    Ani xx
    http://tooverviewakaleidoscope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos! I LOVE the one with the swan/duck. Beautiful. And I just read that you use a point and shoot...LOVE that since I do too and I always feel so small compared to the people who use SLR's. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! I really like the swan/(duck/Herron?) photo & editing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the hair bun black and white one!

    nice to meet you! Found you @ Ann V. blog!

    Love, Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations
    http://www.ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10.8.11

    aww. lovely!

    ReplyDelete